Any cut flower, cut foliage or potted plant farm in any size can apply for membership.
This is the cut flower, cut foliage or potted product product you grow and sell in the last 12-month period. If you use feeder farms, this also includes any product you bring in from feeder farms. It does not include packaging, delivery and other overhead selling costs such as labor. It is calculated for the previous twelve months.
If you bring in product from another Certified American Grown farm, you do not need to report those sales as those were accounted for at the first point of sale by that farm.
If you have an event or retail business on your farm and use your own flowers and foliage for any designs/arrangements, please also include the sales of those flowers to yourself at wholesale value.
No. Any farm can be a member as long as they are growing in the United States.
A feeder farm is a farm that you buy product in for the purposes of selling it under your brand/logo. Feeder farms require supporting documentation and validation of origin. If you bring in product from other Certified American Grown farms, supporting documentation is not required.
1. As a members, you will have representation by a national organization whose ONLY focus is on our American farmers.
2. Be part of an organization that works to preserve and protect America’s floriculture heritage, farmland and the communities that support them through a unified promotional and advocacy effort.
3. Support having an organization that works to establish a fair marketplace in regards to trade, labeling and more. In 2019, imports accounted for 78% of the U.S. cut flower and foliage market, with U.S. production accounting for only 22%.
4. Connect and unite with farms producing over 50% of the nation’s cut flower & foliage and the industry suppliers that support them. Amongst all of our members there is a wealth of information and best practices. While competitors on the marketplace, they are collaborators in the industry.
5. Gain national attention by hosting a Certified American Grown Field to Vase Dinner at your farm. This nationally recognized and award winning dinner tour shines a spotlight on your farm, connecting consumers with the source of their floral products and emphasizing the importance of supporting American farms.
6. Our unique seal will speak directly to the hearts of your consumers offering the only third-party certification guarantee of origin in the industry. Your customers will be confident in their floral and foliage purchases and know that they are supporting 100% American grown. Certification is a powerful tool to link America’s farms with customers who care. Whether you are an emerging micro farm or an established large farm, you will benefit by adding the Certified American Grown logo to your marketing, packaging and messaging.
7. Certified American Grown regularly highlights our members on multiple social media platforms. This is a great way to increase your visibility and build momentum for the American grown movement.
8. Our network of associate members offer a wide variety of supply and service discounts and programs. Connect directly with farm and associate members through our Members Only login area on the website. Working together will increase efficiency, financial savings and innovation!
9. Website profile and listing on a filterable online farm directory.
WHY JOIN AMERICAN GROWN?
In 1980, almost 75% of the flowers and foliage sold in the United States were grown domestically. Today, that number is only 22%. Certified American Grown is a unified and diverse community of U.S. flower and foliage farmers representing farms of all sizes. Our mission is to ensure the survival and thriving future of the American cut flower and foliage farmer.
America’s flower and foliage farmers are giving consumers confidence in the source of their flowers and foliage by providing the only third-party guarantee in the floral industry that the bouquets and bunches that they purchase are grown in the USA. By becoming a member of Certified American Grown, you are joining a program designed to help retailers, wholesalers, and florists connect their customers with flowers grown right here in the United States.
Certified American Grown is the only organization representing American cut flower and foliage farmers and acts as their voice in Washington D.C. We share our stories, open our farms and ally with partners to advance legislation to support farmers across the country. By joining us, you too can have a voice and influence policy that will have direct impacts on your farm.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
FARM MEMBERSHIP DUES LEVELS
Are your customers requesting American grown flowers and foliage? Do you recognize the importance of our domestic farms? Our Wholesale member certification program enables you to guarantee the origin of flowers you sell to your customers. We work with you to establish a system to verify the origin of your flowers and greens and allow the use of the Certified American Grown label on your products.
Interested in supporting Certified American Grown’s mission and our American flower and foliage farms?
Our Associate Members are any individuals or organizations that want to offer support and be recognized for their contributions to American flower and foliage farmers. By becoming an associate member, you or your business can display our associate member logo, pledging your commitment to American flower and foliage farmers, and enjoy the benefits of your chosen membership level.